Background Music can add another layer to your content. It doesn’t have to be only about visuals, why not capture more senses and set the scene of your playlist with background music. Music is powerful, it can lift our mood offer entertainment and improve blood flow.
In Play Digital Signage a typical playlist contains a list of slides to be presented, but you can also add a list of songs that should be played. First upload some audio files to your library, then navigate to playlists page and click the tune icon on a playlist.
Now drag & drop the songs you want to be played in the background from left column to the list on the right. The tracks will be played in loop as long as the playlist is presented.
Also you can add audio files in your slides: Slide Background Music
What type of audio files are supported?
We recommend using .mp3, however .wav .ogg .m4a and .flac files are also supported, but converted to .mp3
Can I pause audio for some slides that have videos?
Yes, once you have added some background soundtracks, there is an additional option available in the slide settings. To find this setting open the slide for which you want to pause the music. Open slide settings (the page where you’d change slide duration) and click on the “Advanced” section.
Can I play background music only on one slide?
Yes, please read this article: Slide Background Music
Is it possible to play Internet radio streams?
We don’t have support for the radio streams in a plugin, but if the stream can be played in a browser (typically .m3u8 or .mp3 file or TuneIn radio stream – see below), then it is possible to integrate it with a website plugin. Now the stream would only play when that slide with the website plugin is shown, but we want it to play during the entire playlist. If you already have a zoned playlist, you can add the website plugin to the Master playlist (the one that has only 1 slide with “Play forever” duration). If you don’t have a zoned playlist, you can create a Master playlist with 1 slide (set the duration to “Play forever”), then add the website plugin on it and then add a sub-playlist (the original playlist that you want to play). The sub-playlists will be displayed on top of the website plugin containing the Internet radio stream, but you can also move the plugin off the canvas completely. Check out our zoning guide for more info if terms like “Master playlist” and “Sub-playlist” are new to you.
TuneIn radio is a web service that catalogs various radios and makes them stream-able via their website. Chances are, you will find a suitable stream in their listings.
- Find a radio channel that you want to embed from their website and copy the URL. In this example we’ll be using triple j radio: https://tunein.com/radio/triple-j-1057-s25508/
- Paste the URL into embed code generator https://tunein.com/broadcasters/promote/
- The generator outputs HTML code for website embedding, but we only need the URL. Copy the URL inside the src parameter of the HTML code, the URL should look like this now: https://tunein.com/embed/player/s25508/
- Append ?autoplay=true to the URL so it would start playing automatically. The URL looks like this now: https://tunein.com/embed/player/s25508/?autoplay=true
- You can use this URL in the website plugin now!