What has changed and what new features or plugins did we add in the latest version of Play Digital Signage application.
Released on 16 July 2021
- New Twitter plugin launched.
- An ARM variant of the player can now run natively on new Mac M1 chips.
- Added new icon on playlists overview for assigned groups and schedules.
- Added size option so users can resize without breaking an object’s aspect ratio.
- Added additional weather data provider (weatherapi.com) to existing weatherbit.io.
- Option to create analytics report in CSV in addition to the PDF one.
- Functionality to set default slide/screen values on your profile page for further customization.
Released on 20. March 2021
- Added new RSS reader plugin.
- Tizen TV’s now support safety lock (disable/enable remote) management from web portal.
- Feature: Continue sub-playlist from previous slide.
- Updated Windows/Linux/Mac application internal browser to latest Chrome 89 (Electron v12.0.0).
VERSION 1.21.x / 1.22.x
Released on 6 January 2021
Released on 6 June 2020
- Added Stream plugin
- Extended counter plugin, added extra options to count up/down from the moment slide is shown
- Added option to periodically refresh website plugin
- Showing disc usage in player settings
- Native ARM Linux AppImage player support (Raspberry PI)
- Possible to add an individual audio file to play as the slide is shown
- More efficient logging on Windows, Mac, and Linux apps
- Timeline based scheduling
- Giphy integration
- Pixabay integration
Released on 7. February 2020
- The player starts with a dark loader to prevent white flash on screens
- Possibility to set custom user agent for web plugin requests
- Updated Windows/Linux/Mac application internal browser to latest Chrome 80 (Electron v8.0.0)
- Mac application is notarized (Catalina will no longer display warning)
- Added .ttf and .otf font support
- Added .heic image file support (automatically converted to .jpg files)
- Eyedropper to pick a color in the editor
- If Windows registry editing is disabled and the user enables auto-launch, the player will send a warning to the user in the web portal
- Dynamic UUID parameter in website plugin URL’s
- Hebrew language option for weather plugin
Released on 18. September 2019
Released on 01. August 2019
- Changes to Clock plugin – Now possible to do transparent face
- Changes to billing section – Now possible to update credit card
- Changes to billing section – Initiate payment from transaction overview
- Changes to the library – Delete files directly from the editor
- Changes to the library – Create slides based on images now has settings for how to insert the images plus the choosing a background color
- Added remote settings management for players
- Added additional information about player hardware
- Added player download progress bar in screens page
- Reworked user authentication
- MediaRSS now is loaded asynchronously and not called back before the first item is loaded
Released on 07. May 2019
- Added new plugin Instagram Photo
- Added new plugin Instagram#
- Added Royalty Free Image Library
- Added feature Selecting multiple files
- Added new plugin Random quote
- Added feature iMove items from one folder to another
- Added feature remote clearing cache on most players
- Added support for new file formats (webp, bmp, excel formats (Microsoft, Apple, and OpenOffice formats), zip, and eps.)
- Added support for Request Desktop Site in Android
Released on 1. November 2018
- Added new plugin Facebook Photo
- Incorrect hour calculation bug fixed in the counter widget
- Added support for preloading twitter content
- Fixed a bug where RSS load failure caused infinite retry loop
- Made it possible to use native webview in Android devices
- Extension webviews have allowed transparency enabled
- Player now hides the previous slide if in sub-playlist and background is transparent
- Fixed a bug where audio was not played if scheduled in a sequence of playlists
- Disabled pinch zoom on electron
- Fixed a bug where a scheduled sequence playlist had no matching slides, next playlist was not triggered
- Possible to pause audio for some slides
Released on 04. September 2018
- Added new plugin count-down
- Added new feature background music in a playlist
- Added new feature guided tour for new users
- Added a new function where a user can set the grid size
Released on 14. May 2018
- Added new feature Screen Capture
- Added design templates repository
- Added design templates: Abstract, Company Presentation, Meet the teachers, Business, Hours and Meetings at the office
- Added feature for cropping images
- Added layering for ticker and video
Released on 27. March 2018
- Added feature Teams
- Added roles for team members
Released on 15. Febuary 2018
- Added feature Slide Stash
- Added feature Alerts
Compatible Platforms For Our App
Install Play Digital Signage on all major platforms!
Not sure which player to get?