How does Google Calendar work?
Google Calendar is easily embedded in your Play Digital Signage content with help of Website Plugin. Start showing your upcoming events by following these simple steps:
- On a computer, open Google Cal.
- In the top right, click Settings Settings.
- On the left side of the screen, click the name of the calendar you want to embed.
- Click “Access permissions” in the menu below
- Make sure that the option “Make available to public” is checked
- Click “Integrate calendar” in the menu below
- Copy the link from the field “Public URL to your calendar”
- In the playlist editor, add a new ‘Website’ element and paste the calendar URL there.
There is also a button to “Customise”, if you go to the calendar customizer, you’ll also need to enter the width & height of the plugin as Google includes it in the URL.
How to change to a weekly view?
You can append the mode parameter to the end of the URL to change the view:
- For weekly view append
- For monthly view append
- For agenda view append
The calendar does not show in the preview?
Due to limitations and restrictions, some browsers might not show the content of the calendar. This does not mean it doesn’t work on your player, but only in the preview.