What is the MediaRSS plugin?
MediaRSS (MRSS) Plugin allows you to add multimedia feeds to your Play Digital Signage content. You would typically use this plugin together with subscriptions to third-party content providers, like ScreenFeed and many others. While we try to provide all the essential plugins for standard digital signage installations, there are always scenarios when something extra is needed. Digital Signage content providers fill in the gap and provide interesting content to make your screens stand out.
Watch the demo in our preview player.
How it works?
Typically you purchase a feed from the content provider, and then you paste in the feed URL into our MediaRSS widget.
You can find a list of content providers here:
You’ll find feeds covering many topics, such as:
- Social feeds (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Infotainment (Trivia / Clips / On This Day / Quotes, etc…)
- Financial (Stock prices)
- Local Traffic
- …and many more
Keep your customers up-to-date with what’s going on in the world!
While we do provide native weather plugin, but perhaps you’d like something more exotic!
Live sports scores & news from global and local events!
How is your corporation doing today?
My feed is not loading
We can’t always determine rather or not the URL you’re using is valid or not, but we do our best. When you insert the URL our validator will check several parameters. If the URL fails you should see one of the following messages.
- “Not found“, means the validator didn’t get anything in return when trying the URL.
- “No RSS found on page, is this RSS feed?“, means the validator found a feed, but none of it was classified as MediaRSS or even RSS.
- “Returned feed did not contain channel items or media. Content, looks like regular RSS feed.“, means the validator found the feed, but the feed is not a MediaRSS feed, just a regular RSS feed.