Normally when a file is uploaded directly or added via the “Public URL” option, it will be processed by our server and stored on the Internet, so that your browser and player device can load it as long as there is Internet connection. Our server obfuscates the file URL and makes it virtually impossible to guess in an attempt to hide it from others, but sometimes this can go against a company policy. If your organization stores files in a private file server, you can use these files without uploading them to our servers and thus exposing them to the Internet.
You can add a private file by going to the library, clicking “From URL” button and selecting “Private file” tab.
+ Files will never leave your premises.
+ You can use large files without restrictions (our server has a 2 GB upload limit).
+ Supports following formats: .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .webp, .mp4, .m4v (other file types, such as .pdf, .mov or .doc require conversion in our servers).
– Our support team can not help you if we can’t load the files.
– Files are not processed by our server, therefore they are also not optimized for player devices (make sure not to use enormous files).
– You can only use the editor and players while you are connected to the private network where the files are.
- The files must be served over HTTP protocol
- The file server must enable CORS requests (Must return header
- If you plan on using files greater than 25 MB with our Chrome extension player, the server must also expose Content-Range header (
Cross-Origin-Resource-Sharing is required because our web based editor is hosted on a domain my.playsignage.com and it is using html5
canvas element. Browser security requires that images loaded into the canvas must come from the same domain (my.playsignage.com). If the image is not on the same domain, the image HTTP response must have CORS headers present.