Instagram Photo Grid
Display Instagram posts and their captions using Instagram Photo Grid plugin for PlaySignage.
- Page – The Instagram account must be an “Instagram Business” account and linked to a Facebook page. If your page is not in the drop-down or you can’t select it, see FAQ section on how to fix this.
- Show likes – Shows the number of likes in the photo caption area.
- Show comment count – Shows the number of comments in the photo caption area.
- Show time ago – Shows how long ago the photo was posted in the caption area.
- Columns – Defines how many photo columns are in the plugin.
- Font zoom – Depending on how big is the plugin area and what kind of font you use, you might want to increase or decrease the font size.
- Caption lines – If the photo caption text is very long, it may not fit entirely. This option defines the maximum lines of caption that is shown, if the caption is longer, then it’s truncated (trimmed) with ellipsis (…). If you don’t want to show caption at all, just set the value to 0.
- Caption background – The background color for the caption area. We recommend using a color with transparency for nicer look – the default is white color with alpha (transparency) of 0.5.
- Border width – Adds a border around each individual photo in the grid. We suggest choosing either black or white.
- Update interval – How often the photos in the grid are updated.
- Locale – If ‘Show time ago’ is enabled, you can localize the text – such as “10 minutes ago“.
Instagram restricts access and it’s only possible to display photo grid for Instagram pages that you are administrator of. If you don’t have administrator role, first step is to ask the page owner on Facebook (Instagram is owned by Facebook) to grant you the administrator role.
This page shows how to manage page roles on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/187316341316631/
After you’ve received the administrator role for Facebook page, the page needs to be linked to Instagram account. This process is explained in the answer below.
Facebook (Instagram is owned by Facebook) has tightened the access to user data for 3rd party plugins. If you can see the page, but can not select it, that means that the page is not linked to an Instagram account.
What needs to be done:
- You need to convert your Instagram account to Instagram Business account
- You need to link the Instagram account to a Facebook page
Unfortunately both of the steps are required and they assume the ownership / administration role of the Instagram account and Facebook page. Without either of them it’s not possible for our plugin to fetch data from Instagram.
How many photos are loaded?
The plugin loads 25 most recent photos from Instagram
Are videos supported?
Posts containing videos are not supported, they are skipped.