Setup Amazon Fire TV
You can find our app in Amazon App Store
This guide will walk you through the initial setup of the Amazon FireTV stick.
- Start by unboxing the product.
- Put the batteries in the remote
- Plug the power cord in the Amazon stick
- Plug the Amazon stick in an available HDMI port on your display
- Go through initial setup (Selecting your preferred language and connecting to a WIFI network)
- Log in with your Amazon account (If you do not have a Amazon account please create one)
- When you log in you will be prompted to activate your device (You should do this from you mobile, tablet or PC). Go to amazon.com/code, log in, input the code shows on your display and press continue. When the device has been registered at Amazon your ready for the next step.
- If asked, choose no to “Parental Controls”
- If asked, choose “No, thanks” to any Amazon marketing
- You will be shown a Amazon promotional video (Use the right side of the control wheel to fast forward)
- Now you’ll need to find our app in Amazon app store. There are two ways of doing this:
- Go to amazon.com, log in with your Amazon account, search “Play Digital Signage”, you should only see one result, click on the Play Digital Signage App and add it to your list by clicking “Add to list” in the right side of the screen. When you add the App here, you’ll see it available on your Amazon stick in a couple of minutes.
- Press and hold the microphone button on the remote, say “Play Digital Signage”. Alexa should find the Play Digital Signage App for you.
- Click on the App, install it and open it.
- You’ll see a 6 character code, this is the device linking code
- Type that code into the “Add screen” window at https://my.playsignage.com/manage/screens and publish your content
- To make sure the Play Digital Signage App starts when and if the Amazon stick reboots press the setting button while in our app (The one with 3 lines), activate “Launch player on startup”
- You’re done !
My TV has a USB port, can I use that to power the FireTV stick?
We do not recommend using the USB ports on the TV’s as they’re meant for data transfer and can’t supply as much power as the stick may need. This leads to the device operating in a lower performance mode and can lead to it crashing often.
I got my screen linked, what next?
We recommend checking out our 5 minute video guide on getting started, it covers most of the basics.
How do I set up the display in portrait mode?
See the FireOS section of our portrait guide.
I can not find Play Digital Signage app on Amazon app-store?
If our app does not show up in the search, then likely it’s because the device you’re using is not supported. Please beware that First Generation FireTV stick (released 2014 model AFTM) is not supported.
Amazon App store will keep your app automatically up to date. You can also start the update process manually:
- Find our app in the Amazon Appstore.
- If there is an update available, you will see a button to update the app.
How do I setup my Amazon account?
If you are using Amazon FireTV Sticks or any other devices running Amazon FIREOS you’ll need an Amazon account.
- Go to Amazon.com
- In the top of the page hover on Accounts & Lists and click Start here
- Now input your Name, Email, password (This is a new password), reenter your password and then click Create your Amazon account
- Amazon is now sending you a code (Also called OTP, One Time Password) to the email you just listed, copy the code from the email, paste it in Enter OTP and hit Create your Amazon account
- Your account is now created and you should be logged in at Amazon.com.