Find and add text
When logged in, find the playlist you want to add text to, open the playlist, and find the text at the top menu.
- Alignment – Maximize, left, center, right, top, middle, right, and lock
- Layer – Move your text up or down your layers
- Font – Pick your preferred font type.
- Font styling – Bold, Italic, Underline, color, color picker
- Alignment – Text alignment to Left, center, right or justify
- Font size – 0 > (Choose the size of your text)
- Line Height – 0 > (Choose the height between text lines)
- Positioning – Adjust the placement of your text pixel by pixel
- Shadow – Add and edit shadow color, thickness, and blur
- Stroke – Choose a stroke color and thickness
- Rotate – Rotate your text
Adding custom fonts is easy. All you need to do is upload your font file to the library and the font will automatically be added your font library and can be used anywhere you use text.
We support fonts in .woff, .ttf and .otf file format. If your font file is in some other format, you can try using an online font converter (for example http://www.freefontconverter.com/). However, beware that on rare occasions converting fonts from one format to another can result in malformed font files.
Step by step
- Find your font (Google Font is a great place to start, https://fonts.google.com/)
- Download your font to your computer
- Log in to your account at my.playsignage.com
- Go to your library
- Upload the font you just saved to your computer
- Now go to any playlist and you’ll find your custom fonts whenever you use text in your content
How do I add my own font?
Please check out this section – Custom Font
Can I lock the position of my text?
You can lock any object you have in your content. Locking an object ensures that the object stays where it’s supposed to be, can not be resized or removed, read more about Locking Objects.
How do a make my text bigger than 100?
The text size slider only operates from 0 to 100, but you can always use the arrow up/down or simply resize the text.
How do I match the color of my text?
In the settings, you’ll find a color-picker next to where you usually pick a solid color, click the color-picker then the color you want. (Note that this only works within the canvas).