We’re working on some kick-ass development / troubleshooting docs & will update this section soon.
If you have a question that is not covered below, contact us at [email protected] and we’ll help you figure it out.
Having trouble updating a player?
Many problems will be fixed just by restarting your player (if you are not sure how to do it, just unplug it then plug it back in).
After restarting, check if your player is connected to a WiFi network (or LAN, depending on your player).
There are two ways to reset / disconnect a player:
- In the management panel, go to ‘Screens’ -> ‘Edit Screen’ . Afterwards, press on ‘Remove’ and the screen will be disconnected.
- Connect a mouse to the player. Go to ‘Settings’ and press on ‘Reset screen’
Depending on your player & the content of the slides, some transitions might be too performance-intensive to run smoothly.
Here’s what you can do to make it smoother:
- try a simpler transition, like ‘fade’
- connect a pointing device to your player, go to options and tick the ‘optimize transitions’ option
Most screens will send resolution and aspect ratio information to our players to automatically make the output fit. However, older screens or off brand displays might not work as expected.
- Firstly, make is that your playlist aspect ratio matches the screen aspect ratio. Most screens have an aspect ratio of 16:9, but you can set a playlist to any aspect ratio when you create a new playlist. (NB: you can’t change the aspect ratio of a playlist after it’s created)
- Secondly, try to adjust your screen settings. Grab a remote (if it’s a TV) or use the physical buttons on the display to open its factory menu. Look for overscan settings and try turning them off. Make sure the aspect ratio and resolution are also correctly set.
- Lastly, connect a mouse to your player. Go into settings and press on ‘Screen edges’ to adjust the size. If you have an Android player, go to system settings to further adjust your display size & position.
It should take maximum 1 minute to connect to our servers from a player. If more time has elapsed and you are still not connected to our servers, please check your network connection first.
If your network connection is fine, go into the player settings and check the date and time is set correctly. If not, please update the date and time, otherwise we won’t be able to establish a secure connection. If you’re running Android: press on the home button of your device to return to the player.
In general, if you are having problems caused by unexpected events (i.e. power cut), we suggest resetting the player. In the player go to settings Settings and press on Reset screen. In the management application go to Screens and identify the screen that you want to reset. Press on the settings icon (sprocket on the right of the screen) and then press on Remove YourScreenName.
Afterwards, restart your player.
Upon restart, verify that you are connected to a network.
Finally, go to the last step of claiming and re-claim your screen from the management application.
If you are still experiencing problems, contact [email protected] and we’ll be happy to help.